These Bob Ross quotes will inspire you to paint a world of kindness, happiness and love.
Bob Ross had always been quiet, but he lived an incredible life. His gentle nature and love of trees made him one of the most popular personalities on television. Painting trees and mountains gave him freedom in a world he couldn't control.
He may have left us, but his laid-back nature and creativity still speak to us. Be inspired by his iconic words of wisdom by reading this collection.
Let's start here.
And be sure to check them outQuotes by Georgia O'KeeffeAndLeonardo da Vinci quotes.
The best quotes from Bob Ross
1. "Every time you learn, you win."
2. "We don't laugh because we feel good, we feel good because we laugh."
3. "If you do too much, it will lose its effectiveness."
4. "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."
5. "There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend."
6. "Look around. Check out what we have. Beauty is everywhere - you just have to look to see it.”
7. “The secret to doing anything is believing you can do it. Anything you think you can do strong enough, you can do. anything. As long as you believe."
8. “Talent is an interest pursued. Anything you are willing to practice, you can do.”
9. "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents."
10. "I believe there is an artist in all of us."
11. "Don't forget to tell those special people in your life how special they are to you."
12. "I think I'm a little weird. I like talking to trees and animals. But that's okay. I have more fun than most people.”
13. "You have to allow the color to break to make it beautiful."
14. "It's so important to do something every day that makes you happy."
Also read:Quotations from Jean Michel Basquiat,Pablo Picasso quotes
Famous quotes from Bob Ross
15. "You too can paint almighty pictures."
16. "I have to give him a boyfriend. As I always say, 'Everyone needs a friend.'”
17. "I think all of us have wanted to paint a picture at some point in our lives."
18. "Exercise your heart, do what makes you happy!"
19. "Making love the canvas."
20. "When we have animals around, we all need to take care of them and take care of them."
21. "It's hard to see things when you're too close. Take a step back and look.”
22. "Find freedom on this canvas."
23. "This is your world. You are the creator.”
24. "Let's build a happy little cloud. Let's build some happy little trees."
25. "Don't forget to make all those little things individual — all special in their own way."
26. "And if it doesn't do anything else for you, it should make you happy."
27. "Just the way you want it, that's spot on."
28. "No pressure. Just relax and watch it happen.”
29. "All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your head."
Also read:Vincent van Gogh quotes,Quotations from Frida Kahlo
Uplifting Bob Ross quotes to lighten your mood
30. "Be so very light. Be a gentle whisper.”
31. "You need the darkness to show the light."
32. "Didn't you know that you have so much power? You can move mountains. You can do everything."
33. "Just let go and fall like a little waterfall."
34. "There is nothing in the world that succeeds like success."
35. "Get on your feet, there is the fruit."
36. "Stand back and admire!"
37. "Isn't it amazing that you can change your mind and create all these happy things?"
38. "Believe you can because you can."
39. "You can have anything you want in the world if you help everyone around you get what they want."
Also read:Calligraphy Quotes
Interesting quotes from Bob Ross about painting and his masterpieces
40. “I can't think of anything better than expressing myself to others through painting. Train the imagination, experiment with talents, be creative. These things are really the windows to your soul for me.”
41. "In painting you have to have opposites, light and dark and dark and light. It's like life."
42. "When I paint something, I don't want to have to explain what it is."
43. "I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn't know I had talent."
44. “We artists are a different kind of people. We are a happy bunch.”
45. "I taught mineSohnpainting mountains like this, and you know what? Now he paints the damn best mountains in the business.”
46. "In painting, you have unlimited power. You have the ability to move mountains. You can bend rivers. But when I get home, the only power I have is over the garbage.”
47. "Painting is a beautiful way to put a lucky dollar in your pocket and make good things happen in your heart."
48. "If you study my paintings, there are no signs of human life."
49. "Painting brings many good thoughts into your heart."
50. "Wash the brush, beat the devil out of her."
51. "I like hitting the brush."
52. "Mix up a bit more shadow color here, then we can put a little shadow right there. Do you see how you can move things?”
53. "Within an hour of touching the canvas with the brush for the first time, my students have a complete painting."
54. "Sign your image with diluted paint on the liner brush."
Funny Bob Ross quotes to make you laugh
55. "That's a crooked tree. We're sending him to Washington."
56. "Remember our golden rule — thin paint sticks to thick paint."
57. “How do you make a round circle with a square knife? This is your challenge for the day.”
58. "Sometimes we tell people. We're like drug dealers, we come to town and we get everyone totally addicted to painting. It doesn't take much to get addicted.”
59. "I never turn down interview requests. I'm rarely asked."
60. "The only thing worse than yellow snow is green snow."
61. "I remember when my dad told me as a kid, 'If you want to catch a rabbit, stand behind a tree and make a noise like a carrot. Then when the bunny comes by, you grab it.' Works pretty well until you figure out what kind of noise a carrot makes.”
62. "We want happy paintings. Happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news.”
63. “Have you ever made mistakes in life? Let's make them birds. Yes, they are birds now.”
64. “They say everything looks better with an odd number of things. But sometimes I write straight numbers just to piss off the critics.”
Unique Bob Ross quotes that will stay with you forever
65. "Every day is a good day when you paint."
66. "Tell you what, we'll just go with the old dark color we had."
67. "Verily, you have experienced the joy of painting!"
68. “Remember how free clouds are. They just hung around in the sky all day.”
69. "Most painters want recognition, especially from their peers."
70. "Talk to the tree, befriend it."
71. "I stay hidden. I'm kinda hard to find."
72. “There the crows will sit. But we have to build an elevator to take them there because they can't fly but they don't know that so try anyway."
73. "I really think that with enough practice, you could paint the 'Mona Lisa' with a 2-inch brush."
74. "There are thousands of very, very talented artists who will never be known, even if they are dead."
75. “See how it fades into nothingness. This is exactly what you are looking for.”
76. "We were brainwashed into thinking Michelangelo had to pat you on the head at birth."
77. "It's life. It is interesting. It is fun."
78. "People might look at you a little weird, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a little bit different.”
79. “Water is like me. It's lazy. Boy is it always looking for the easiest way to do things.”
Bob Ross quotes about trees, mountains and nature
80. “Every day we get letters from people who want more mountains. No matter how many I paint, they still say, 'Give me more mountains.'”
81. "Now then, let's get right down here and put some nice big strong arms on these trees. Tree also needs an arm. It holds the weight of theWald. The little bird must have a place there to settle down. There he goes."
82. "Trees cover up a variety of sins."
83. "In nature, dead trees are just as normal as living trees."
84. "And that makes it look like birches, isn't that sneaky? heh Ha. It is wonderful."
85. "Maybe a happy little evergreen tree lives there."
More Bob Ross quotes
86. "Decide where your little footy hills live."
87. "Let's go crazy!"
88. "People see you on TV and think you're making just as much moneyClint Eastwooddoes. But this is PBS. All of these shows are being made for free.”
89. "Maybe this cloud has a little friend. Maybe this little friend's name is Clyde. He lives up here.”
90. "What can be painted can be punished."
91. "I don't intimidate anyone. Instead, I try to get people to believe in themselves."
92. "Absolutely no pressure. Just like an angel's wings.”
93. "You just completed a masterpiece - sign it and be proud!"
94. "However you think it should be, that's how it should be."
95. "I've been the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who yells at you for being late for work. The job requires you to be a mean, tough person. And I was fed up. I promised myself that if I ever get away from this, it won't be the same again."
96. "Let's just mix this little rascal right here, ha! Happy as we can be.”
97. "I need to have a little sadness every now and then so you know when the good times are coming."
98. "Stones are all different colors, sometimes they're just red!"
99. "We don't really know where this is going and I'm not sure we really care."
100. “This is a happy place. Little squirrels live here and play.”
What valuable life advice did you get from these Bob Ross quotes?
Bob Rosswas a successful painter who shaped this world. You might just think of him as a happy guy who painted happy trees, mountains and rivers, but he was one of those painters who painted uniquely and differently. His work and knowledge were so unique that even years after his death he is still very popular around the world.
He always said painting helped him relax. It allowed him to be more creative through his imagination and helped him find meaning in his life. And perhaps creativity and nature are also outlets that we can turn to when we need inspiration.
We hope this list has been able to teach you how to find creativity and joy in all things. Even if you fail, remember that there are no such mistakes, only happy accidents.
What are your takeaways from these Bob Ross quotes? Do you have favorite quotes you'd like to add? List them below!